Bhramari Pranayama is made from the hindi word “Bhramar” (मधुमक्खी in Indian language) which means bumble Bee and the meaning of Pranayama is breathing technique so it can also called ‘bee breath’. Bhraamri (Bee Breath) could be a terribly effective Pranayama (breathing exercise) for meditation. Activity of this respiratory exercise helps to induce a chilled impact on the mind rapidly. Bhramari Pranayama edges in reducing high vital sign, fatigue, and mental stress. Conjointly active this Pranayama for ear, nose, mouth, and eye issues will have a positive impact. This Pranayam is one of the great breathing exercises to release the mind of disquiet, anxiety or frustration and get rid of anger. It is a simple to do breathing technique and can be practiced anywhere at work or home, it is a instant option for de- stress yourself.
In Bhramari Pranayama the exhalation sound is very resembles to the humming sound of a bee, by this it is named as Bhramari pranayama. In this respiration process, your lips are purported to be shut, and you’re purported to gently and swimmingly build a sound sort of a buzzing bee in your throat. The practice of Bhramari Pranayama is very helpful for making the breath smooth and quieting the mind too. You easily can feel the sound vibrations in your jaws, throat and face. This is simple and can be done by any age group of people.
Related: Yoga Teacher Training in India
Steps of Bhramari Pranayama (Bee breath): –
- Sit on the Padmasana or any other sitting Asana.·
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply.·
- Now close your ears lids or flaps with your thumbs.·
- Place your index finger just above your eyebrows and the rest of your Fingers over your eyes with your middle fingers.·
- Applying very gentle pressure to the sides of your nose.·
- Now concentrate your mind on the area between your eyebrows.·
- Keep your mouth closed; breathe out slowly through your nose with making a humming sound of Om.·
- Repeat this process for 5 times. Important thing is that while doing this Pranayama assume that your are being connected to all the positive energies of the universe.
Benefits of Bhramari Pranayama: –
- This is the best method to achieve concentration of mind.
- It opens the blockage and gives a feeling of happiness to mind and brain.
- Beneficial in relieving from hypertension.
- It relaxes the mind and lowers stress.
- Helps in High blood pressure and heart problems.
- With the help of this, mind becomes steady, lower mental tension, agitation etc.
- Helpful in curing Paralysis and migraines.
- All ages people can try this breathing exercise including pregnant women.
- In the time period of pregnancy, it helps to maintain and regulate the functioning of the Endocrine system and provide easy child birth.
- It is very good for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Most effective Pranayama for awakening the Kundalini
Precautions of Bhramari Pranayama: –
- Do Bhramari Pranayama after completing the Anulom vilom Pranayama
- Don’t press your ear cartilage too hard while doing this Pranayama
- Do all the pranayama in morning with empty stomach. If you are doing Pranayama in evening then keep a several gap between Pranayama and your meal.
- Do all the Yoga postures and breathing exercises under the yoga expert.
- Do not put your finger inside the ear but, you have to only gently press the ear cartilage.