Tittibhasana is a Sanskrit word and made from the combination of Tittibha+ Asna. In Sanskrit Tittibha means small insect, fly or Firefly. Firefly Pose gets its name in light of the fact that the position that you come into while playing out the stance is like that of a flying firefly. This pose needs quality of the abdominal area and hamstrings that are adaptable. Be that as it may, regardless of the possibility that you have not faced these two, you can even now hone this testing stance.
Tittibhasana is an arm adjusting stance that joins the legs adaptability with center quality. At the point when the lower body is raised from the tangle, the stance reinforces the shoulders and wrists facilitate. In this, it’s important that you stay in elevated position by balancing your lower body in dispersing vitality and weight back forward similarly. This stance is one of the stances that should be polished reliably in order to immaculate them. Lamentably, the Tittibhasana or Firefly Pose is not instructed frequently in the daily yoga classes. Ashtanga yoga is the special case, where this Asana is a piece of the essential arrangement, giving a decent chance to play out this stance in each session.
Nonetheless, in the event that you are prepared to practice this posture, you ought to try to practice it consistently to encounter the advantages. It is additionally basic that you keep up a legitimate eating regimen to get the most out of this posture.
Level of Asana: – Advanced
Steps of Firefly Pose (Tittibhasana)
- Start the Asana with Adho Mukha Svanasana.
- Now walk towards your hands with the end goal that your feet are before your hands. At that point, let your hands through your legs, and press them behind the calves, with the end goal that you slither further through your legs.
- After that keep your arms and shoulders as long ways behind your thighs as you can put them. Immovably put your palms behind your feet to such an extent that your heels are held with your thumb and pointer finger (index finger).
- Delicately twist your knees and squat as you rest the back of your legs as near your shoulders as you can.
- Once your fingers and palms are spread, make sure you shift your body weight onto them. Lift your feet off the floor. Straighten your legs first. Then, once you stabilize, straighten your arms. Squeeze your thighs against the upper arms to gain more height. At that point spread your fingers and palms, ensure you move your body weight onto them. Raise your feet off the floor. Rectify (straighten) your legs first. After that squeeze your thighs against the upper arms to acquire stature.
- Remain in the pose about 30 to 60 seconds. In this there is no repetition, you want to repeat this process then do it for 2 or 3 times.
Benefit of Tittibhasana (Firefly Pose)
- Tittibhasana (Firefly Pose) Makes your wrist stronger along with improves the strength of the arms.
- It tightens and tones the area of the belly.
- Stretches your back torso, inner groins, and hamstrings.
- The Yoga pose also helps in bringing an overall sense of balance and improves core strength.
- Firefly Pose gives the back torso and inner groins a good stretch.
- Tittibhasana Good for your mind.
- Improves digestion.
Avoid this pose in case of Lower back injuries, wrist injury, and shoulder injury also.
Tittibhasana or Firefly pose needs more practice, so practice this in front of an expert person along with taking healthy diet, avoid junk food.
“Eat healthy live well”