There are so many types of different Asans in Yoga, all the asans have their different – different body pose and benefits. Bhujangasan is one of them, it’s very easy but important Asans. First of all we described the meaning of the word “Bhujanga” The word Bhujanga is comes from the Sanskrit word Bhujanga, means snake and asana means pose, in English we called it as Cobra pose.
Pronounciation of this word is – “Bhu-jang-GAHS-anna. If you spent some time to doing this Asana daily, This can help to kicked out stress, anxiety and depression also from our Mind and it’s increases the capability of our body and strength also. This invigorating backbend was named such because Bhujangasana reflects the posture of a cobra that has its hood raised. If you spent some time on doing this Asana, this can helps you to make your mind free from Stress, depression, and anxiety. If you do this Bhujangasana daily this can helps to improve the strength and capabilities of your body and main thing is that it’s free of cost, just you have to add this to your habit and in your lifestyle also. This fundamental yoga pose stimulates the digestive and reproductive systems, strengthens the lungs and opens the heart. In this section we are trying to tell you simplest steps, benefits, cause and contradiction for this Asana.
Related: Yoga Teacher Training in India
Preparation steps for Bhujangasana : –
first of all you have to wear some comfortable clothes, remember don’t wear tight and uncomfortable clothes while doing any asana. Setu Bandha sarvangasana etc is preparatory poses Bhujangasana.
- Start with lying down on the floor on your stomach in a comfortable level preferably on yoga mat. Keep your feet together with the tops of them against the floor.
- Now spread your hands on the floor under your shoulders and hug your elbows against your rib cage. After doing this close your eyes, and inhale slowly but deeply. Imagine the stability in your pelvis, thighs and your feet tops. Imagine, that part rooted to the ground.
- Exhale gradually before opening your eyes, continue breathing process (Inhale- exhale) slowly and deeply. As you inhale, your arm should be steadily straighten and this feels uncomfortable. Extend through and deepen your stretch to create a gracegul arc in your back. Use the stretch in your legs and back, in place of exerting yourself to gain height and risk overarching the spine.
- Now press your tailbone towards your pubis and lift your pubis toward your navel, in this trying to narrowing your hips.
- Keep your shoulders broad but in relaxed, with the blades low on your back. Now lift from the top of your sternum, but try to avoid pushing the front of your ribs forward. Puff your side ribs forward and keep your lower back in relaxed, and trying to distribute the stretch evenly along your spine. In the process of up and down, inhale when your bent upwards and hold your breathe for few seconds and in down position exhale. In upward position trying to hold and your breathe also for some seconds, and release your breathe while getting back to starting position or lying down position.
Benefits of Bhujangasana : –
- This Asana helps to stretches muscles in the shoulders, chest and abdominal also. It decreases stiffness of the lower back, and it’s give strengthens the arms and shoulders.
- It increases flexibility, improves menstrual irregularities in women. Elevate mood, and this can also helps in stress, depression, anxiety keep away from our mind. It firms and tones the butt area.
- Improves the blood circulation and oxygen in body, heart and throughout the spinal and pelvic region especially, and it’s stimulates organs in the abdomen, like kidneys. It also opens the chest and helps to clear the passages of the heart and lungs.
- Improves digestion. Gives strengthens to the spinal cord. Help to soothes sciatica. It also helps to cure the symptoms of asthma.
Caution and Contradiction : –
- People who is suffering from back injury are advised to not to do this. Carpal tunnel syndrome, headache and in case of Pregnancy do not try this.
Bhujangasana Tips for Beginner’s : –
Do not over do the backbend, avoid straining your back to find the height at which you can feel comfortable, if you feel uncomfortable than take your hands off the floor for a few moment, by which the height you find will be through extension.
Note : – Do or try this exercise in under the Yoga instructor.
Friends do this exercise daily. It will not do if you try this asana for once only. If you really wants to be fit and healthy and do it daily. Avoid late night working and fast food.