The name comes from the Sanskrit words hala meaning “plow” and asana meaning “posture” or “seat”.So it is also named as plow pose. Halasana is one of the advanced yoga pose simple to practice and contains lots of benefit. Halasana rejuvenate the inner parts of one’s body and make it healthy again.It is also helpful for men to correct the sexual and semen related problems like premature ejaculation,spermatorrhoea, and night emission effectively.
How to do halasana
- Lie on the yoga mat or carpet and join the legs together
- Raise your legs to make an angle of 90 degree.
- Thrust the palms, raise the waist and legs, bending forwards curving the back and resting the legs on the floor above head.
- Try to place the big toe on the floor and keep the legs straight.
- Balance the whole weight on the shoulder blade, shift both the hands over the head,join the fingers and hold the head with it and relax the elbows on the floor.
- Try to remain in the position till the the count of 100.
- Then release the fingers above the head, pressing the pals on the floor taking back thumb toe gently bring the body and legs to the floor
- Relax and practice for 2 round more.
Benefits of halasana:-
- Practicing this asana regularly can avoid disease like diabetes,obesity,constipation,stomach disorder,Blood pressure and menstrual disorders
- It makes your back bone elastic and flexible.
- Halasana helps to reduce both belly and body fat.
- It improves memory power.
- Those having neck pain,spondylosis and high blood pressure should not practice this yoga pose.
- Pregnant ladies should not try this asana.