Computer is very essential need in today’s world. Every sector is relying on Computer for fast working and making correct results. Most of us use Computer for our Official or personal use. People of Every age group use Computer for gaining knowledge, Entertainment and for sending mails to others. But have you ever think, that sitting in front of a computer for long duration can harm your body.
The lethal combination of your job stress and the physical need for continuous use of the computer are painfully harmful. Generally, most of the people are sitting with incorrect posture or sitting on an unsuitable chair for the long duration this will raise the health and mental problems (eye, back, neck and wrist related problem are common).
Avoid continuous working on System (Computer/Laptop), take the five-minute break at regular interval. Daily practice of Yoga poses for computer users could prevent and manage strain injury and less down the chances of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS). This problem is common for computer users (those who uses the computer regularly and for long duration).
So, in this Article, we mention the certain postures, breathing exercises along with easy Yoga Mudra and Some useful tips and Yoga Poses for Computer Users.
Yoga Poses for Computer Users
This Asana is the easiest among the forward bends. This pose is well known for its instant relaxing benefits. Uttanasana gives comfort to your upset stomach and also beneficial in headaches. It stretches your hamstrings and joints.
- Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
It is a simple to perform, this Asana stretches your whole body and you can practice Tadasana anytime when you feel lethargic or your body needs refreshment. This pose relaxes your mind and body and kicks out stiffness (You can perform this Asana in your office, for relaxing your whole body & mind also).
- Baddha Konasana
Baddha Konasana is a good hip and groin opener and helps to correct your posture. It also helps to relieve stress and tension as well as improves joint mobility.
- Malasana (Garland Pose)
It is a squatting type pose, which has lots of benefits. This Asana opens up your groin & groin along with stretches your knees, reduce stress from the abdominal area and improves your digestive system.
- Parivrtta Sukhasana
This pose is good for your spine and abdominal area. It is an easy spinal – cum abdominal twist. It is also beneficial for your digestive system. You can perform this pose by sitting in Padmasana or Vajrasana. You have to hold the twist for 30 seconds. Breathe in and come to the normal position. Repeat the same from your alternate side.
- Gomukhasana (Cow Face Pose)
This Asana is excellent for those, who are suffering from Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. Gomukhasana is a shoulder and hip opener Pose. The entire Gomukhasana or Cow Face is a hip and shoulder opener.
- Prasarita Padottanasana
This posture is good for your nagging neck; lower back, shoulders along with it opens up your groin area and hip.
- Utkata Konasana
This pose is very good for kick out your daily stress. It stretches your leg muscles, which is best for office going people.
- Reverse Prayer Pose
Reverse Prayer pose is very beneficial for computer user and one of the important pose for your wrist. Every computer user suffering from wrist problem, and many of them ignore it, and this leads CTS (Carpal tunnel syndrome) which is very painful wrist problem. If you are a computer user do this Asana regularly. It is easy to do Asana.
- Bakasana (Crane Pose)
This Asana is very useful Asana for computer user. But it’s little bit difficult to perform but by daily practice makes you perfect. It is a balancing Asana, this posture makes your wrist and arm strong. So enjoy this Asana.
- Nadi Shodhana.
- Anulom Vilom.
These two above mentioned Breathing exercise is very beneficial for you. This will calm down your mind and relaxes your body. Meditation and Tratak kriya are also good for office going, people.
- Gyan Mudra.
- Prana Mudra.
This two-hand gesture is sufficient for computer users.
Tips for Computer Users: –
- In the office, while you are working on your system take 5 minutes break at regular interval. You can also perform Tadasana in between your break.
- Don’t take your meal at your working table.
- Rotate your neck and feet in the clockwise & anti clock when you are sitting on the chair for a long time, so this is important for you.
- You can also practice Anulom vilom Pranayama on sitting chair. This will relax your body and mind also.
- Eyes problem is very common for computer users, so at regular interval close down your eyes for one minute. After that rotate your eyes in clockwise and in anti-clockwise direction also.
- You can also set your gaze to a particular object and start gazing it till the tears come out.
- Wash your eyes with cold and clean water time to time.
- For releasing work stress, rotate your neck in the clockwise and anti-clockwise direction very gently.
- Important, part your wrist; rotate your wrist in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction time to time. Or perform reverse prayer pose on your sitting chair.
- Taking break time to time is very essential for you.
- You can also listen to soothing music for 4 to five minutes this will helps you lot.
- Drink sufficient amount of water or lemon juice.