The word “Danda” comes from the Sanskrit word which means stick and the meaning of Asana is Posture. In this Pose, you have to keep your feet straight in a sitting position. This is the simplest Asana to do for all age groups. Dandasana is also known as Staff pose. It teaches you to sit down with correct posture.
Daily practice of staff pose often can create your hips and pelvis a lot of versatile and strengthen the lower back. Your higher body ought to be erect however relaxed whereas the lower portion ought to be grounded. You’ll be able to sit on a blanket to stop the stiffening of the hips still as preventing the rounding error of the lower back and alignment of the spine. You’ll be able to use the wall for supporting the rear if you’ve got back issues or realize it troublesome to carry the create.
Sanskrit Name: – Dandasana.
English Name: – Staff pose.
Table of Contents
- Sit on the ground with your back straight and legs extended come in front of you. Your legs and feet ought to be hip breadth apart and parallel.
- Press the sitting bones within the floor and purpose the crown of your head to the ceiling to lengthen and straighten the spine.
- Flexing your feet, press out through your heels.
- Keep your palms on the ground adjacent to your hips for supporting your spine and quiet your shoulders down. Keep your body part straight however relaxed.
- Ground your lower half firmly to the ground by relaxing the legs.
- Hold this pose for twenty to thirty seconds.
Variations to the exercise of Dandasana
Stretch the higher body during this pose, alter the pose as follows: interlacing the fingers, stretch out your arms forward, parallel to the ground. The palms ought to face far from you with thumbs in the downward direction. Currently, inhale and lift the arms upward until they reach slightly behind the ears. Shoulders ought to be relaxed. This helps in opening up the chest and stretches the front of the abdomen.
Benefits of Dandasana
- Teaches you to sit properly.
- It will increase the flexibility of the hips and pelvis.
- It improves the posture of the lower back.