The spread of Corona Virus is speeding up as WHO published in their latest Situation Report that it has spread to about 100 countries. This article explains how you can use Yoga to fight Corona Virus.
Currently, China remains the epicentre of the COVID-19, the disease that is caused by the virus. Strict measures are being taken in China but other countries are also on high alert.
People with low immunity levels in their bodies are the most vulnerable to the virus. If you believe you have lower immunity levels and you fall sick easily, it’s advisable that you take active measures to boost it.
Besides the general advice that’s being given about by WHO, yoga can be really beneficial in gaining natural immunity against coronavirus. Let’s see the asanas with which you can use Yoga to fight Corona Virus.
Yoga to fight Corona Virus
Sukhasana and Pranayama
Both these asana and pranayama (breathing exercises) allow your body to relax and substantially increase your body’s ability to ward off the virus.
In order to practice Breathing Exercises, you need to get in the following posture.
- Sit on the floor with your legs crossed or in a kneeling position.
- Touch the floor with your arms behind your back stretching your shoulders mildly. Keep your head high and your chin a little tucked.
- Inhale and exhale slowly as you maintain your asana. There is no time limit to the asana but a cycle of 10 deep breaths will be good.
Make sure you don’t bend your back too much or hurt your spine.
Ardha Matsyendrasana to fight COVID-19
This asana is popularly connected to the fish. It involved twisting of your spine in order to activate the muscles responsible for healthy digestion. When you twist your spine, it responds by stimulating your digestive system and releasing chemicals that cleanse your body. Therefore, it is able to add immunity to your body.
Ardha Matsyendrasana can be exercised in the following way.
- Sit on the floor with one of your legs laying folded parallel to the floor. You have o rest it sideways of your body.
- Then rest your other leg perpendicular to the floor with your foot behind the first leg.
- Your face should be positioned opposite to the leg resting parallel to the floor. This way, you’ll be able to twist your spine in a healthy way.
Do this for 5 long breaths for each leg.
Matsyasana to Fight Corona Virus
This asana has great significance in helping you activate your body’s energy. It is believed good for lungs and also increases the activity of the respiratory system, helping you overcome congestion.
The best way to perform this asana is by following the below-mentioned procedure.
- Rest your palms beneath your hips and lay on the floor facing the ceiling.
- Then raise your chest and let your crown touch the floor while your head is angled in an arch position.
- Maintain this arch position and try to breathe.
- Make sure your legs remain stiff and your elbows can support your posture as they carry your body’s weight.
You can hold the position for up to 5 minutes. This is one of the key ways to use Yoga to fight Corona Virus.
Uttanasana to Boost Immunity
The Uttanasana is designed to work on your sinuses. This asana brings blood flow to your sinuses, helping you activate the muscles that defend your body against any infections. The asana will help increase the blood flow to ward off coronavirus with the help of yoga.
Practising the asana is easy and has been described below.
- Stand erect on your feet and bend your upper body to the level where you can touch your feet.
- Embrace your calf muscles with your arms and wrap your wrists around them.
- Keep your head stable and let it point vertically down.
- Hold the position for 5-10 cycles of breaths.
- Make sure you end the asana as soon as your head starts feeling dizzy.
- The pressure put on the sinuses will help you heal your infection quickly.
Viparita Karani to Cure Corona Virus
This asana is meant to help your spine and nervous system to relax. With relaxation comes the ability to revamp the internal functioning of the body and an ability to revive from diseases.
The asana hence helps your body to gather the necessary immunity, that you need to fight the virus.
The best way to practice Viparita Karani is described as follows.
- Lay on the floor with your back pressed against the floor and your legs parallel to the wall.
- Rest your legs against the wall and spread your arms wide open resting on the floor.
- Let the blood flow through your body by relaxing all the parts that are resting on the floor.
- You can maintain the posture for about 10 minutes till you feel fully relaxed.
Yoga is a great way to naturally increase your body’s immunity to fight off coronavirus. In addition to basic precautionary measures, you can practice these yoga asanas. WHO prescribes that coronavirus may only cause serious damage to people with weak immunity. So, it’s about time you use Yoga to fight Corona Virus and take charge of your body!