Single or double leg circle is the English translation of Padvritasana, and Padvritasana is a Sanskrit word, and the meaning of ‘Pad’ is legs and ‘vrit’ stands for circle. In this Asana you have to make a circle from your legs; in clockwise and anticlockwise directions. So that’s why this pose is known as a single or double leg circle.
Weight gain is usually related to the accumulation of fats on different – different regions of the body. Some people carry a lot of fat on their higher limbs, whereas others have it on their belly. Except for most of the people, particularly girls, areas of the thigh and buttocks are a major source of fat accumulation, resulting in a body shaped like a pear. This is often mainly due to our genetics determines where the bulk of fat cells are placed. In some people, there are additional fat cells around the thighs. What one should do is shrink the number of fat within those fat cells in order to make the thighs and buttocks thinner and leaner. Thigh exercises that use all the important muscles in your lower body can increase your metabolism hours after exercise. So Padvritasana is excellent and very easy to do exercise, which you can do for your butt, hips and thighs. Padvritasana is suitable for everybody.
Sanskrit Name: – Padvritasana.
Meaning: – Single or double leg circle.
Position: – Lie down.
Preparatory Pose: – Savasana
Table of Contents
Steps of Padvritasana (Single or Double Leg Circle)
- Lie down flat on your back on the floor. Your arms should rest along the sides and your palms pointing downwards.
- While breathing in (inhale) lift your right leg up and make a circle by rotating the leg in a clockwise direction.
- Try to make five to ten circles without touching the floor. (While making circles breathing normally or you can hold the breath during creating circles with your legs.)
- After making five or ten circles, slowly bring down your leg, rest in Savasana for some time if you feel tired.
- After relaxing repeat the same process with your alternate leg and rotating your leg in anti-clockwise directions. (You can also tying weight belts of 1 to 1.5 kg around your ankle in order to make it more effective).
- After doing this Asana with your one leg at a time, do it with both legs simultaneously. (Use weight belts while you performing this process with a single leg.)
- Rotate your both legs up and down, right- left in all four directions as much as you can. With your, both legs make circles in clockwise and anti-clockwise directions.
Benefits of Single or Double Leg Circle
- It gives proper shape to the stomach when performing this asana with both legs.
- This is the simple and easy Asana for reducing extra weight if this is done regularly.
- It reduces fat at the hips, thighs and waist and makes your stomach light and firm.
Variations in Padvritasana
- Lie down flat on your back on the floor. Place your arms along the sides, palms pointing downwards.
- Lift your right leg up to 90 degrees while breathing in, hold the position and your breath for few times, after that put down your leg while breathing out.
- Repeat this process 5 to 10 times.
- Do the same process with your alternate leg.