Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana, you have to master in basic Plank pose after that go for it. This is another type of Plank pose or Modification of Plank Pose. In Dolphin Plank Pose you have to lower down your body, in this, you have to put down your forearms to the floor. Your body posture looks like dolphins so that’s why this pose is also known as Dolphin Plank pose or lower plank Pose. The Dolphin Plank pose is a sensible mix of the Dolphin Pose and the Plank Pose.
Preparatory poses: – Four limbed Staff Pose, Downward Facing Dog Pose
Follow-up poses – Crane Pose (Bakasana), Adho Mukha Svanasana, Four-Limbed Staff Pose, Downward facing dog pose.
Type: – Core, Arm balancing.
Level of Asana: – Medium.
Other Names: – forearms Plank Pose, Lower Plank Pose
Steps of Dolphin Plank Pose
- Lie down on the ground on your face side.
- Now, keep your elbows down to the ground along with palms sturdily on the floor.
- At the time lift up your hips, chest, and toes towards the roof (ceiling).
- Now try to tie your Navel towards the spine and tight your hips.
- Your body should few inches off the ground in a parallel line from your feet to shoulders.
- Gaze at the ground for keeping your head in a neutral position. Remain in the position for 10 to 15 seconds after that get back to your initial position.
(You can also grasp your both hand in front of your head, in a way your forearms make an inverted shape like ‘v’, this is for your convenience)
Benefits of Lower plank Pose
- Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana strengthens your forearms, arms, wrists and spine also.
- Tones your abdomen.
- Give strength to your upper body and core body.
- It lengthens your spine, strengthens your lower back muscles.
- Dolphin Plank Pose tones all the core muscles of your body.
- Improves posture of the body.
- It increases the endurance and stamina in your body.
If you are suffering from Carpal tunnel syndrome, then perform this pose with your knee support or on your forearms. Patients of Osteoporosis strictly avoid this. Don’t go beyond your limits and abilities. In medical issues, consult a doctor and Yoga expert before attempting any yogic activities.