Kapalbhati Pranayama needs to breathe coordination at a higher rate and thence, a higher rate of metabolism muscle activity, that made strengthening of the metabolism muscles and resulted in improvement of respiratory organ operate. In Kapalbhati Pranayama we exhale with stroke. Most important point to remember is that when you are exhaling while doing Kapalbhati Pranayama assume that all the mental and physical disorder are kicked out of your body and mind also. Keep assuming that feeling in every stroke of exhaling. It is simple and easy to do Pranayam but having a powerful effect.
The word “kapalbhati” comes from two words, Kapal and Bhati. Meaning of Kapal is skull ( in common word head, which includes all the organs under the skull too) and the meaning of Bhati is lighting, illuminating. According to Gherand Samhita Kapalbhati is the most important in the process of Shatkarma (shatkriya) and in this Samhita. There are three types of kapalbhati as follow:
It is a practice same as Bhastrika, which a technique of Pranayama, except that exhalation, is active whereas inhalation is passive, that is the opposite of normal breathing.
It follows the same as Jala neti. This process involves sniffing water through the nostrils and letting it flow down into the mouth and then spitting it out.
Can be thought of the reverse of Vyutkrama Kapal/Bhati, within which water is taken through the mouth so expelled through the nose. Due to the method, the organs below the skull (mainly the brain) and also the little brain are influenced in a very smart manner. Therefore the word is employed in this means.
Steps of Kapalbhati Pranayama
- First, sit on the Padmasana and close your eyes and keep the spine straight.
- Now take a deep breath (inhale deeply) through your both nostrils until your lungs are full with air.
- Now Exhale through both nostrils forcefully, so your stomach will go deep inside. As you exhale you feel some pressure in your stomach.
- While the process of exhaling there is a hissing sound, at this point try to think that your disorders are coming out of your nose.
- Repeat this process for 5 minutes.
Benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama
- It Generates heat in the system to help dissolve toxins and waste matter.
- Adds luster and beauty to your face and you get glowing skin
- Improves digestion, Improves the function of kidneys and liver.
- If you are looking for reducing belly fat then try Kapalbhati
- Daily practice of Kapalbhati can cure all general intestinal problems.
- It helps reduce stress in the eyes, thus curing dark circles around the eyes.
- Improves the blood circulation problem in whole body parts.
- It also helps in regaining poise in emotions.
- Kapalbhati triggers your abdominal region, so it’s beneficial for diabetic patients.
- It calms your mind and rejuvenates your digestion system.
- It also helps in the respiratory-related problem.
Divide your Kapalbhati season into four Parts, which are given below.
- The first part is – sitting correctly.
- Breathe in well (Inhale)Inhale Well.
- Breathe out rapidly with little force.
- Last part is when you finished your Kapalbhati season relax for some time.
- If you have acid or heat-related gastric problems, such as ulcers you should use caution with Kapalbhati Pranayama.
- Avoid Kapalbhati in case of high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke or epilepsy.
- Sometimes it causes dizziness and headache but not to worry, if you feel these symptoms avoid Kapalbhati for some time. Or you may feel like vomiting, dry mouth.
- Or somewhere are not following the instructions correctly this reason also cause some body reaction. So, be careful with your practice
Visit: Yoga poses