ENGLISH NAME: HALF PLOUGH POSE
Ardha literally means half and Hala means plough. It is an intermediate posture to perform Halasana hence it is named as Ardha Halasana.
Technique of Ardha Halasana:
- Lie down in Shavasana (supine position).
- Join the both legs and keep your hand with the thighs.
- Slowly breathe in and raise the leg perpendicular to the ground keeping the knee straight.
- Hold in the breathe and stay in this position as long as possible.
- Breathe out and bring back your legs.
- Come back to the normal position and relax for a while.
- Repeat the same for 3 to 5 times.
The above mentioned technique can also be performed only with a single one after the other.
Benefits of Ardha Halasana:
- Improves digestion and appetite.
- Improve blood circulation.
- Strengthens the thigh muscles and calf muscles.
- Helpful to reduce abdomen fat and lose weight.
- Stimulates the abdominal organs.
Therapeutic application of Ardha Halasana:
- Urinary disorders
People suffering from any cardiac problem, back pain, high blood pressure should avoid this practice.