Ardha Bhekasana (Half Frog Pose)
Ardha+Bhekasana, in this Ardha mean half and the meaning of Bheka is the frog. Ardha Bhekasana is an intense pose, which deeply opens your groin and when you are performing this pose your body posture resembles the pose of a frog, so this Yoga Pose named so. It is also known as Eka Pada Bhekasana (One- Legged Frog pose).
Ardha Bhekasana is very helpful for those who are restricted from dancing, running or walking long distance coz of flat feet. It reduces the risk of knee injuries when it practiced daily and beneficial for those people who are busy in outdoor activities and sports.
Preparatory Yoga Poses
Follow – Up Yoga Poses
Steps of Ardha Bhekasana (Half Frog Pose)
- Lie Down on your belly (stomach) on your forearms and place your elbows below the shoulders.
- Now, sturdy your pubic bone downs along withdraw your belly in.
- After that, cross your left forearm in front of the body.
- Then, bend your right knee towards your back and try to grab the top of your foot by your right hand. During this, gently pulls your foot in towards the outside of your right hip area.
- Try to soften the top of your right thigh, turn your fingers towards the front if you can and turn your right side body in forwarding direction (look forward).
- Keep breathing normally and hold the pose for 5 breaths before you discharge the pose. After 5 or 6 breathe release your foot and gently lower down it to the floor, rest for a while and perform the same process with your alternate leg.
Benefits of Ardha Bhekasana
- Ardha Bhekasana stretches your hip flexors and thigh muscles also.
- Strengthens and increases your back flexibility.
- Half Frog Pose is a good chest and shoulders opener.
- Boosts your energy level and prepare your body for back bending poses.
- Best Asana for cyclists, runner, dancers and those who are busy in outdoor sports.
(Full frog Pose is the intermediate level or variations of Half Frog Pose, in this, you have to bend your both knees and both feet to the corresponding to your buttocks. Try to grab the both feet by your hands towards the floor or try to touch in there). For doing this, you have to master in the basic level of the Ardha Bhekasana.
Half Frog Pose Tips for Beginner’s
If you find some difficulties during lift up your torso using one hand, in this condition you may use bid pillow under your lower rib for support to lift your torso up.
People who are facing high or low B.P., insomnia, lower back or neck pain, migraine and shoulder injuries do not perform this. Don’t press your knee too hard otherwise, it will hurt your knee. Keep your neck in relaxed position. During this pose, you feel the stretch in the stomach region, thigh muscles but not around the knee joint. Asana, Pranayama needs guidance, so practice all the yogic activities in under the supervision of an expert teacher. Perform all the Asana in a right manner.
Before doing Any yoga poses, you have to master in the preparatory and Follow –up poses.
(Don’t spoil your life in smoking and drinking, guys there are much more things to do. You have only one life, your life is not a video game in which you have three chances. So make your life healthier, happier by Yoga)