Adho Mukha Vrksasana – Handstand Yoga Pose Steps and Benefites
Adho Mukha Vrksasana word is taken from Sanskrit, in which Adho stands for Downward, the meaning of Mukha is facing, Vrksa represents the Tree and Asana means seat, Pose. Handstand Yoga Pose is also named as titled tree pose. In this, your hands support your whole body weight. This is not an easy Asana for learners, but they can master it by daily practice. Adho Mukha Vrksasana mainly focuses on brain, shoulders, pituitary, legs, arms, wrists, spine and the lungs. When you perform Handstand Yoga Pose, your body resembles a solidly rooted tree, and your body faces downwards as you attempt this pose, so that’s why this Asana is named as so.
Level of Asana: – Advanced.
Asana Style: – Hatha Yoga
Steps of Adho Mukha Vrksasana (Handstand Yoga Pose)
- First get into the Adho Mukha Svanasana, you can also take wall support; note that your hands are six inches away from the wall.
- Now, slowly walk in the direction of your hands and place your shoulders right over your wrists.
- After that, bend your knee (any of one leg), and raise your alternate leg off the floor, try to keep your leg straight when you are comfortable.
- Next, slowly raise your alternate leg.
- Remain in the position until you are comfortable.
- During this, keep in your mind that, you have to place your head in between your upper arms.
- Then, gently try to take your feet off the wall along with maintaining the balance.
- Keep looking on a specific point at the ground or floor.
- Remain in the position for 1 to 3 minutes, at this time take a deep and slow breath.
- For releasing pose, put down one leg at a time and come to your earlier stage and relax. There is no repetition for this Pose, but you can increase the holding time as per your capabilities.
Handstand Yoga Pose is also coming under intense pose, so beginner’s not to attempt this. For this, you have to clear the basic level first. For this pose, you can practice headstand pose for balance this pose will helps you. And perform all the Yoga Asana under the eyes of an expert teacher.
Benefits of Adho Mukha Vrksasana (Handstand Yoga Pose)
- Your belly gets a good stretch.
- Adho Mukha Vrksasana improves your sense of balance.
- Beneficial in stress, anxiety and calms your mind.
- Handstand Yoga Pose is an awesome pose for making your shoulders, wrists, and arms strong.
- It increases your stability and stamina.
In the condition of back injuries, headache, shoulder injuries, High blood pressure, Menstruation, neck injuries, heart problems do not perform Handstand Yoga Pose. Please attempt the Yoga Asana in a right way.
(Change your lifestyle; embrace the yoga as a lifestyle)