Table of Contents
How to lose Belly Fat with Yoga?
Nowadays belly fat is most prevalent. Most of the time big fat tummy is the first thing people notice making you unattractive and also sets you up for health problems like diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, breast cancer, etc. Sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise, depriving you of sleep, unhealthy eating habits-all of these contributes to belly fat. Yoga is a highly effective form of exercise consider good for health by most of the people to achieve flexibility and strength in their body. It not only helps to lose belly fat but it is also an aid to establish a new way of life that embraces both inner and outer realities.
Best yoga Exercise to Lose Belly Fat
To lose belly fat fast yoga exercise is the most effective way. Here we are providing some easy and powerful yoga poses to get rid of belly fat. practice these yoga poses daily for at least 60 minutes for a good outcome.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Bhujangasana keeps the spine flexible and stimulates the abdominal region. This pose is one of the best yoga poses for belly fat. Read more about bhukangasana
- Lie down in the prone position, legs slightly spaced out, feet together and the soles of the feet uppermost. Keep palms besides shoulders and place the chin on the ground.
- Inhaling deeply, lift the chest slowly and raise first the head, then shoulders up to navel region. Straightening the elbows, arch the back into the cobra pose. Bend the head back and try to see the roof.
- Hold your breath for about 15-20 seconds. In this position, all weight of the body will come on hands and thighs.
- Now exhale slowly and bring stomach chest, shoulder head to the ground.
- Practice 4 to 5 rounds.
Kandhrasana (Shoulder Pose)
Kandhrasana massages and stretches the colon and abdominal organs, improving digestion, tones of female reproductive organs, and relieving backache. read more about kandharasana
- Lie flat on the back. Bend your knees so that your ankles are touching buttocks. Feet and knees have to be hip-width apart. Grasp the ankles with the hands.
- Inhale deeply, raise the buttocks and arch the back upward. Raise the chest and navel as high as possible without straining, pushing the chest up towards the chin and head.
- Hold the pose for as long as is comfortable and then lower the body to the starting position and exhale.
- Release the ankles and relax with the legs outstretched.
- Practice 15 to 20 rounds daily to lose belly fat fast.
Paschimottanasana (Forward Bend Pose)
Paschimottanasana reduces fatty deposits in the abdomen, good for constipation and digestive disorder. This asana is highly beneficial to remove anxiety, anger, and irritability. know more about paschimottanasana
- Sit on the floor with the legs outstretched, feet together and palms on respective knees.
- Keep head, neck and spine erect. Inhale, and stretch arms up over your head. Exhale and slowly bend forward from the hips, chin moving toward the toes. Try to grasp the big toes with the fingers and thumbs without bending knees.
- Hold the position for a few seconds. Slowly return to the starting position and inhale.
- Practice 4 to 5 rounds.
Naukasana (Boat Pose)
This asana stimulates the muscular, digestive, circulatory, nervous and hormonal systems, tones all the organs. know more about naukasana
- Lie flat on the back. Inhale deeply and then raise the legs, arms, shoulders, head and trunk off the ground. Balance the body on the buttocks and keep the spine straight. The arms should be held at the same level and in line with the toes. The hands should be open with the palms down. Look towards the toes.
- Hold the breath and maintain this position for some seconds. Exhale and return to starting position.
- Practice 5 to 8 rounds Daily to lose belly fat fast.
Dhanurasana (Bow Pose) to Lose Belly Fat
Dhanurasana improves digestion, respiration, increases appetite, good for diabetic patients, and relieves constipation. know more about Dhanurasana
- Lie flat in the prone position with the legs and feet together, and the arms and hands beside the body. Place the chin on the floor. Bend the knees and bring the heels close to the buttocks. Use both hands to get hold of ankles.
- Inhaling deeply, expand your chest and pull the legs upwards using your hands. Arch your trunk backward and upwards along with your head and neck. Retain the breath inside in the final position. The body will be resting on the abdomen and the lower part of the chest alone.
- Release the pose by letting go of the lower legs and bringing the legs, trunk and head to the starting position. Exhale during the process of releasing the pose.
- Practice 3 or up to 5 rounds.
Not all exercises are suitable for everyone. Do not practice these poses if you are pregnant, recently undergone a surgery, have a back injury or leg injury, etc. If you feel pain, discomfort, or dizziness does not continue. It is recommended that all exercises perform under the guidance of a trained yoga instructor.
Pranayam to Reduce Belly fat
Pranayama the Breathing Exercise, along with yoga poses some of pranayama also helps to lose belly fat. daily 30 minutes practice of pranayama will give you many other benefits along with belly fat loss.
- Sit in any comfortable meditation posture. Close the eyes and relax the whole body.
- Keep the head and spine upright, palms-on respective knees.
- Exhale through both nostrils with a forceful contraction of the abdominal muscles. The following inhalation should take place passively by allowing the abdominal muscles to relax.
- After completing 10 rapid breaths in succession, inhale and exhale deeply. Allow the breath to return to normal. This is one round.
- Start it with 2-3 rounds.
- Sit in any comfortable meditation posture. Close the eyes and relax the whole body. Keep the head and spine upright. Inhale deeply through both nostrils and fill the lungs with air and then exhale with a hissing sound.
- Do three such rounds of bhastrika pranayama
know more about bhastrika pranayama
Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- Sit in any comfortable meditation posture. Close the eyes and relax the whole body. Keep the head and spine upright.
- Breathe in slowly and steadily from the left nostril while blocking the right nostril with the right thumb. Then block the left nostril with the right ring and middle finger and exhale through the right nostril.
- Now, breathe in from the right nostril and exhale from the left nostril using the same method. This is one round of anulom vilom pranayama.
- Start it with 5 rounds and go up to 20 rounds in one sitting.
know more about anulom vilom pranayama